Sunday, June 30, 2013

Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup

Well, I did it again. It turns out that when it comes to soup, I am a genius. And I have no shame in saying it aloud. Or singing about it.... Much to the chagrin of my dogs.



Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients
1 whole butternut pumpkin
3 carrots
2 red onions
1/2 leek
1 litre vegetable stock
1 clove garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garam masala
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Knob of butter


1. Slice the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Place on a roasting tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Crush the garlic glove, and place half in each hole of the pumpkin. Place rosemary in the hole too, and roast at 180 degrees for about an hour. I like to do this while roasting something else.




2. After 30 minutes, throw the carrots into the roasting dish with the pumpkin. Just wash the carrots, I like leaving the skins on.



3. Roughly dice the onions and leek. Sauté in a soup pot with the butter.






4. Remove the skins from the pumpkin, and chop into large pieces. Add the carrot and pumpkin to the pot with the vegetable stock, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Discard the garlic and rosemary.



5. Allow to boil on a low heat for about 20 minutes. Blend with a stick blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.



6. Serve with sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Okay, this is optional, but I loooooove sour cream and Parmesan!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment