Monday, January 10, 2011

Easy Tabbouleh

I love tabbouleh.  But, I do tend to find that most recipes make too much of it for me to eat in 3 days... so I have adapted my standard tabbouleh to something more user-friendly, producing a more workable amount of the salad for myself and my lunches.  It also has a larger proportion of the fresh ingredients, and less wheat.  :D

Easy Tabbouleh



1/4 cup bulgar wheat
3/4 cup boiling water
juice of one lemon
Handful of fresh parsley
A few sprigs of mint
1 firm tomato

In the container you plan to story the tabbouleh in (I warned you this was easy, did I mention it is also the lazy version?) place the bulgar wheat and boiling water.  Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
Cut up mint and parsley to a reasonable size... I don't like it too fine, but go crazy if it is your style.
Dice the tomato.
Add into the container with the wheat.
Squeeze over the juice of the lemon.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you wish.
Refrigerate and use as desired.

If you make tabbouleh a lot, you will notice I have left out the olive oil and spring onions, as well as the step de-seeding the tomatoes etc.  This way I can have tabbouleh with very little effort, just 30 minutes of standing time (which today I used to make the dahl). 

Watch this space for tabbouleh in my food tomorrow.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment