Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Super Simple "Emergency" Soup
1 packet Kings Hearty Vegetable soup mix (I know... it is a cheat... but I like that it already has barley and lentils in the packet....)
1 small onion
1/2 bunch of celery
Salt and pepper
1 thingy of vegetable stock (I used to use cubes, now I get little tubs of vegetable stock concentrate)
2 litres water
1. Turn the heat on low, and place a large saucepan on the stove.
2. Dice the onion, throw into the pot. Slice the celery and leek, to about 7mm in width, throw in the pot. Give it a wee stir. The celery will smell amazing.
3. Peel and slice the carrot. I usually make carrot hearts, but I was in a rush. Throw in pot. Give everything a good stir.
4. Add the soup mix, stock, salt and pepper, stir.
5. Add the water. Let everything boil for about 20 minutes, turn off the heat, and place the lid on top of the pot.
Next morning, boil and take in a travel mug. Nom. The only issue... I clearly did not take enough soup today. :(