However, this year I planted mini-cabbages, which are perfect for summer. They make these gorgeous tear drop shaped vegetables and don't take up much room in the garden.
You will need:
1/2 mini-cabbage head
1/2 cup grated cheese
Handful of parsley
Tablespoon of mayonnaise
1. Rinse the cabbage well, then cut into slices about 3mm thick.
2. Peel and grate the carrot.
3. Chop the parsley finely
4. Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl.
5. Crack pepper and sea salt on top and mix in the mayonnaise well.
Chill until ready to serve. I love the crunchiness of the salad with a bbq on a hot day, or on top of roasted potatoes with chilli beans.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad