Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tardis Wheatie Bag - Sewing Project

This morning my wee beagle is sick... She has a slipped disc and a lot of pain meds. We decided it was time for a new heat pad/Wheatie bag to put on her neck and ease her suffering a little.



Ages ago I purchased this fabric from Spoonflower, and I would love to get more! The fabric quality is stunning, and I really want to find the time to design my own.

Any who, I used the Tardis Pillow fabric, which came with an additional tardis mini pillow, designed to be made into a pin cushion. Pin cushions aren't that much fun... So I made a Wheatie bag. You could use any fabric, fleece is divine, and my sister swears by using merino



Cut out 2 rectangles of fabric. If you were using something else, one really long one would be easier. Drop a little lavender oil on the fabric.



Stitch up 3 sides, reinforcing in the corners.



Sew a line down the centre. Using a rolled up sheet of paper as a funnel, pour again a handful of wheat, barley or rice onto the cavities. Sew across the pillow. I use rice for people who are allergic to wheat. Jasmine rice is brilliant.



Repeat this process until you have 6 or 8 pockets of wheat.

Zig-zag or surge the open end, then fold over to create a neat edge.



Heat in the microwave with a cup of water for a minute.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment