This tomato and basil soup can be made quickly, and it is super tasty, and completely meat-free.
This recipe yields 4 hearty servings.
2 cloves garlic
1 red onion
Salt and pepper
Vegetable stock cube
2 cups water
1. Wash tomatoes, cut in half, and line a roasting dish, with the cut sides up. Cut the onion in quarter and give the garlic a quick crush with the back of the knife. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped basil leaves.
Roast at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little... Or you will scold your fingers!
Peel the skin off of each tomato, discarding the skin, and throw everything else; juice, oil, onions etc, in a soup pot on a low heat.
3. Add the stock cube and a 2 cups of water. Heat until boiling. Add more basil. Blitz with a blender. Add cream. Stir until combined.
4. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a couple of basil leaves. I like it with sour dough garlic rolls.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad